The windy team recently released Route Planner, a tool to generate cross-sections over one or several legs of a flight. It’s seriously useful!
Give it a try with a desktop browser (support on mobile is still limited):
- Set time and the ECMWF model, and zoom the map so all legs of the planned flight will fit
- right-click on the start point and select “Distance and planning” in the dropdown
- click one or several waypoints of your flight
- at the bottom, select “Load route forecast for”: “VFR flt”
- make sure the dropdown near the bottom shows “Directions north up”. See here why.